Food and drink lovers will be heading to Priory Park on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 July as the EAT! Food Festival returns for 2017.
This year’s event is ticketed, and in a fenced-off area in the formal gardens, in front of the Priory building. Tickets for each day are £10 for an adult, free for children. (An early bird rate of £6 for adults expires today, 31 May.)
The entry price includes a variety of demonstrations, entertainment and tastings, although there’ll also be plenty to buy there for consumption on the day or at home.
The event is open from 11am – 6pm on each of the Saturday and Sunday (last entry 5pm).
Stands and attractions include:
- An RDO Appliances & Miele demonstration kitchen with butchers, cooks and bakers
- Open fire pit demos and tastings
- Two days of music from the Pizza Express Live Lounge
- A food fayre of 50 artisan producers with products such as Aussie sauces, meringue tweeners, fudges, seaweed, handmade sauces & biltong
- Street food traders with dishes from Colombia, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Spain, Sicily, Taiwan, among others.
- Leading London restaurant Donostia Social Club with Basque pintxos and tapas: as well as a street food van there’ll also be a ticketed pop-up restaurant in front of the Priory Building
- A sausage factory run by local butchers Robert & Edwards with the chance to make your own British banger
- A Ginpourium offering the chance to meet makers, try samples, find your perfect G&T, learn more about gin and make purchases from artisan producers
- Ginpourium cocktail bar, Fullers Frontier & London Pride Unfiltered bar, champagne bar
- Susie West art school
- Loveworks Tunnel of “Love Food Hate Waste”, including a treasure hunt
- Roaming performance group Octopot
- Jingle Bugs music for young children
More information on what’s happening and tickets are on the Eat! Food Fest website.