Police are renewing their appeal for information after enquiries reveal a man suspected of carrying out a burglary in Reigate may be connected to further offences.
Surrey Police appealed, in May, for help in identifying a man suspected of forcing entry into a property on Harrison Close at around 4.10pm on Wednesday 27 May 2015. It is then believed the same man sprayed a substance at a potential witness before threatening him with a garden tool.
Investigating Officer PC Ryan Bramley said:
“Since the offence occurred we have made a number of enquiries and the man in the image continues to be of interest to us.
I would urge anyone who can help us identify the man in the image to share this information with police.
We also believe three or four people are responsible for the burglaries and the group may travel in a light coloured Mercedes.”
If you wish to provide information anonymously the independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555 111.”
The other Surrey offences include burglaries in the following locations:
- Middle Hill, Egham which occurred on Friday 8 May at around 5pm where money and jewellery were taken
- Thirlmere Close, Egham which occurred on Friday 8 May at around 7pm
- Bond Street, Egham which occurred on Tuesday 19 May at around 4.30pm
- Greenlands Road, Camberley which occurred on Tuesday 19 May at around 6.30pm where Ferrari luggage was taken
- Liberty Lane, Addlestone which occurred on Wednesday 27 May at around 12.45pm where jewellery and money was stolen
Officers believe the same vehicle was seen in suspicious circumstances on Greenlands Way, Weybridge on Wednesday 27 May.
The Surrey burglaries are currently being linked to a number of offences committed in the Thames Valley Police area, including:
- Limes Avenue, Aylesbury which occurred on Friday 5 June at around 3.20pm
- Nightingales Corner, Little Chalfort which occurred on Friday 5 June at around 3.45pm
Anyone who can assist with the investigation is urged to contact Surrey Police quoting reference 45150044413.