This policy explains what information that we, Reigate.UK Online Limited, collect about you and how we use it, when you are using our website or related services.
This policy doesn’t apply to other websites that you may choose to visit from links contained on our website: you’ll need to check with them.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. As you will see from the below, we collect only very limited data relating to website users.
DATA THAT WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect data relating in the following ways: cookies; as a registered user; and anything you may send in.
We process cookie data on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing an effective website that meets the needs of users, but also your consent when you first visit the website.
The cookies we use include:
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics and its cookies provide us with details on website usage including what pages people visit, how long they stay on the site, how they found the site. There is further information on Google Analytics and privacy at http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.html . If you disable the Google analytics cookies through your browser, the website will still work fine.
- WordPress: The website uses the Content Management System to publish and manage the material that appears on the website. Cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with WordPress, and whether you have logged in as a registered user (in order to post comments, for example). A session cookie remembers your log-in for you if you have registered as a user. If you disable these cookies you may not be able to use the website so easily if you are a registered user, but otherwise there should be no impact.
- Social media cookies: these are cookies set on your machine by external websites whose services are used on this site. Cookies of this type are the sharing buttons across the site that allow visitors to share content onto social networks. Cookies are currently set by Twitter, Facebook and Google+. You can check with those organisations how they use your information and your options.
We don’t use Google AdSense or other third party advertising services that use tracking cookies.
– Registered users
You may choose to register as a user on the website. This will allow you to post comments, and (depending on your selection when you register) to receive special offers we may arrange with local businesses.
In order to provide the registered user service, we need to know certain details and record certain choices you make (for example username and password). This information is used for general website administration, website security and for us to e-mail you special offers (if you have elected to receive these – please note that advertisers do not see your data).
We process the data on the basis that we have your consent to do so, expressly given when you sign-up as a registered user, or when you submit a comment to us.
– Data you may submit (e-mail etc.)
Data you submit to us in letters, e-mails or other communication is processed in order to deal with your request. We process this data on the basis that we have your consent to do so.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
Other than as required for the provision of IT services (e.g. e-mail and webhosting suppliers) we do not supply your personal data to any third parties (including advertisers) except:
(a) where required by law; and
(b) to new owners of the business if we decide to sell the business.
HOW DATA IS HELD
We hold data to security standards appropriate to the data we collect and process, as outlined above.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR DATA
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 you have the following rights (please note that this is a summary):
- to access your personal data
- to require us to correct personal data we hold
- to erasure of personal data
- to restrict or suspend processing of personal data
- to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
- in certain circumstances, further rights relating to data portability, withdrawal of consent, and objection to processing.
For any personal data queries or concerns, please contact David Grantham:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: 07921 520723
- Post: David Grantham, Reigate.UK Online Limited, 22, Holmesdale Road, Reigate, RH2 0BQ
Page last updated 3 June 2018