Reduced Southern timetable in place until Saturday 21 January

 

(Update: this article is now out of date as Southern has published information about the weekend and Monday.  See Southern strike information page.)

Although ASLEF has suspended its industrial action, Southern says it will continue to operate its reduced timetable until Saturday 21 January (inclusive).

However, Southern says it will try to run additional services where possible.

Plans for the RMT conductors’ strike on Monday 23 January, which is still due to go ahead, are currently being drawn up.

Earlier this week the train drivers’ union, ASLEF, called a temporary halt to both its ongoing overtime ban and the strikes that had been due to take place next week.

During the overtime ban, running since 6 December, there have been no direct weekday services between Reigate and  London, with customers having to use Southern or GWR east-west services to change where necessary.

And on drivers’ strike days, Reigate has been entirely reliant on GWR services, with very limited options at stations such as Redhill.

With Monday’s conductors’ strike to contend with, it may be Tuesday before commuters see what an everyone-at-their post service might look like.

The dispute is over drivers’ being given the responsibility for operation of the doors, rather than the conductors.  The unions have argued the change is not safe.

 

Links

Southern strike information page

All our rail articles

 

Share this:
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail