Reigate and Banstead Borough Council is inviting children aged 7-16 to take up free sports coaching during April – June 2015.
In a press release the Council says:
“Reigate & Banstead Borough Council is putting a call out for children interested in trying out a new sport, or wanting to improve at one they already play, through a free sports coaching programme offered as part of the P&G Surrey Youth Games 2015. The opportunity also comes with a chance to represent the borough in a countywide sports competition in the summer.
The P&G Surrey Youth Games programme offers children aged 7-16:
- free coaching in 14 different sports at local venues, during April, May and June
- team selection, based as much on enthusiasm, effort and participation in the coaching as on sporting ability
- chances to compete, representing Reigate & Banstead, during the two day P&G Surrey Youth Games 2015 at the elite Surrey Sports Park’s world class sports facility on 20 and 21 June.
The free coaching courses cover a variety of sports including basketball, boccia, non-contact boxing, cricket (girls only), football (girls only), hockey, lacrosse, netball, rugby (girls only), squash, swimming, table tennis and tennis. Organised by the council’s Sports Development Officer in conjunction with local club and sports centre coaches, the coaching all takes place at local schools, clubs and leisure facilities. Each session is led by fully qualified coaches and takes place after school or at the weekend. Up to 8 weeks of free training sessions and trials are offered in 14 different sports. We are able to offer this with the kind support of our sponsors Better (GLL) and Toyota (GB) Plc.”
The Council has also set out eligibility details:
“To qualify for the free coaching sessions, children must:
- live or go to school in the borough of Reigate and Banstead
- be of the right age and sex for the sport they wish to take part in
- be below county standard in the sport they wish to take part in
- want to have loads of fun!”
Details of venues, dates and times are available from the Council’s P&G Surrey Youth Games webpage. More information is also available from the council’s Sports Development Officer, Cat Gibson: Leisure.services@reigate-
Related Internet Links
Reigate and Banstead P&G Surrey Youth Games webpage