Surrey Fire and Rescue Service will be holding its annual Reigate open day at its headquarters on Croydon Road, RH2 0EJ, on Saturday 20 July 2019, 10am – 4pm.
The event website says:
“The popular, free entry event is a fun and informative day for children and adults alike, and was attended by over 4, 000 people last year.
- Meet firefighters and see vehicles and equipment including old and new fire engines, boats, aerial ladders, water carriers and military vehicles
- Activities for children including fire engine rides, hose squirting, bouncy castles, mini fire engines, colouring and giveaways
- Picnic area
- Live music and radio broadcast
- Refreshments including hot food stands and ice creams
- Demonstrations including firefighting through the ages, road traffic collisions, fire service dogs, CPR and rescues at height
- Experience what it’s like to be a firefighter in our smoke filled room
- Visit Reigate fire station, our workshops and museum
- Learn vital fire safety advice
- Visit information stands from other emergency services and exhibitors
- Opportunity to buy fire service merchandise and other products.”
For safety reasons, no parking will be available on the site except for blue-badge holders and exhibitors. Alternative places to park can be found on a headquarters webpage.