The winners of the inaugural Reigate & Banstead Business Awards were announced last week at a ceremony at the Reigate Manor hotel.
Eight of the borough’s businesses received an accolade in a range of categories, with over 50 entries received from large international businesses through to small start-ups.
TV presenter and borough resident Nicholas Owen hosted the evening on Thursday 6 June, with a performance from Shan Ako, a former X Factor contestant.
The awards were organised by the economic prosperity team at Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, to recognise and celebrate the many businesses that call the borough home.
Cllr Eddy Humphreys, executive member for place and prosperity, said:
“Each and every one of the businesses in our borough makes a valuable contribution to our local area and its economy. We were proud to be able to honour some of those businesses with an award last night.
Congratulations to all of the winners. We’re looking forward to running the awards again next year and hope even more Reigate & Banstead businesses will apply.”
Morrisons Solicitors supported the event as lead sponsor. Managing partner Paul Harvey said:
“We’re proud to be a part of such an important initiative for Reigate & Banstead.
As a business, we know how important and motivating it is for a company and its staff to be recognised with an award.
Well done to all of this year’s winners.”
Paul Samrah, partner at accountants Kingston Smith who picked up an award, said:
“We’re truly honoured to be awarded the Employer of the Year award.
It’s not only good for business but it’s great to be able to give our staff the recognition they deserve for all the hard work and dedication they put in day in, day out.
The application was really easy to complete and we’d encourage fellow business owners to apply next year.”
Award winners were:
- Large Business of the Year (turnover of £1m+) sponsored by Kingston Smith LLP: Earlswood Homes
- Small Business of the Year (turnover under £1m) sponsored by East Surrey College: Pilgrim Brewery
- Business Support Grant Recipient the Year Award, sponsored by Reigate & Banstead Borough Council: Shuttle
- Customer Service Award, sponsored by Morrisons Solicitors: Connick Tree Care
- Start-up of the Year, sponsored by The Belfry Shopping Centre: Crumbs Brewing
- Social Value Business of the Year, sponsored by Gatwick Airport: Belfry Shopping Centre
- Employer of the Year Award, judged by Surrey Chambers of Commerce: Kingston Smith LLP
- Employee of the Year Award, judged by Reigate & Banstead Borough Council: Zac Tullett – Shippo
A list of the shortlisted businesses can be found on the awards website.
Photos via Reigate & Banstead Borough Council